Main features include:
- Can be installed to work from a USB drive
- Very fast, easy and reliable file retrieval from the Web including FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, MMS, RTSP and NSV (SHOUTcast) sites
- HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and User@Site Proxy support
- Download up to 500 files simultaneously
- Downloaded web sites may be viewed with your external browser or with our Internal Browser.
- Downloaded Web pages may be printed from the Internal Browser. It is also possible to print the whole site at once.
- Downloaded Web sites may be published on the Web or exported to any other directory
- Since Offline Explorer uses relative path translation, downloaded files can be easily relocated
- Supports Drag-and-Drop links from Browsers
- Monitors Clipboard for manual or automatic creation of new Projects
- Fully configurable user interface (including toolbar) with a handy New Project Wizard
- Will run in the background
- Provides support and extracts links from Java and VB Scripts, Java Classes, Cascading Style Sheets (.CSS), Macromedia Flash (.SWF), XML/XSL/DTD, Table Of Contents (.TOC), MPEG 3 Play List (.M3U), Authorware (.AAM), Acrobat (.PDF), RealMedia (.SMIL, .RAM, .RPM), VRML (.WRL, .WRZ), QuickTime video (.MOV), WAP pages and MS NetShow Channel (.NSC) files
- The only offline browser that fully supports all known XML technologies, including XSL and DTD files
- Supports use of MS IE cookies while downloading
- Multiple Project Templates make new Project creation simple
- Downloaded sites easily exported to another location in required format or added to a MS IE Cache, ZIP, searcheable HTML Help (CHM), MHT file or a compressed EXE viewer
- Built-in Backup/Restore projects
- Search through downloaded files for keywords in filenames or in HTML text
- Multiple Projects selection allows fast operations on the Projects tree
- Internal Dialer with ability to disconnect or shutdown computer automatically when download is complete
- Flexible URL Filters with powerful keyword support to fine tune your downloads
- Download speed control
- Downloads can be scheduled, sequenced or started from the command line
- Nested folders in Projects tree
- URL macros
- Multiple URLs in each Project
- Ability to keep old copies of loaded files
- Downloading queue manager
- Data Mining - post processing of downloaded Web site
- Other servers links levels feature
- Automatic Export of downloaded Projects
- Custom referrers, cookies and post requests
- Export downloaded sites to a plain directory with no subdirectories or upload by FTP
- Additional Project description window to supply multi-line comments
USB drive portability
You can install Portable Offline Browser to a USB/Flash drive and run it from there. Even if you plug the drive to a computer without the program installed, you will be able to run it and have all your projects, settings and downloaded sites intact, even if the drive letter changes.
Latest added features
The new version will load Windows Media streams over RTSP protocol to support even more streaming servers.
The connections panel was completely redesigned. It includes a toolbar to perform operations faster. Each connection has a status icon to indicate the progress. In the previous versions it was not easy to abort downloading unwanted files. Now there is a tiny button to the left of each active connection to stop the file download with just one click.
Multiple proxy servers support will give you a want to balance downloads or to overcome connections limit on certain servers. You can import lists of proxy servers from a text file or add them manually one-by-one.
Download | Site Map menu scans the site using your Project settings to build the site map without loading all images, videos and other files. Site Map preview allows you to setup Project settings easier and faster.
Schedule Manager and Sequencer can be now accessed below the Projects tree and they also have new features.
Queue Manager can be setup to highlight URLs with colors based on the file type or server. This helps to select groups of files, find desired links faster and reorder the download queue.
Messages Log also features background colors and toolbar. It is now placed under the Internal browser.
It is now easier to setup filters in the Project Properties dialog. URL Filters section allows you to test URLs. Enter a link and press the Test button. You will be advised on whether the Project settings allow the link to be loaded or not. If it is rejected, you will see exact reason why it happens.
The same test ability was also added to URL Substitutes. You can enter a URL and see immediately how it will be converted. URL Substitutes are now supported when you add links to the Project from browser. The popup menu will allow you to apply the rules or add the links as they are.
Many of you know that there are sites that require special attention to setup a Project. Sometimes you spend your time trying to add filters to download exactly what you need. Now you can share the Project on MetaProducts site using the Tools | Publish menu and save valuable time of many other users who are trying to download the same site. You will also benefit from the collection of shared Projects, which is available under the same menu.
The time when all Projects looked the same is now gone! You can set each of them its own icon from a wide collection provided with Portable Offline Browser.
Other improvements include:
- The ability to datamine files in the Project Map.
- Options dialog | Completion can be now setup to report new and updated files by E-mail - you will receive links to the files that were downloaded.
- Import of multiple links from Favorites/Bookmarks.
- Export to a compressed EXE viewer to create smaller browseable files that include internal Web server and emulate online environment when browsing Web sites offline.
- Data Mining features were made accessible from the Project Map - you can pass the files to TextPipe selectively.