Duplicate entries everytime

Gerhard Lazarus 02/10/2007 05:44 am
Hi Oleg, I like the program very much but everytime I use or modify any program it gives me a message saying that a new entry was added and then it duplicates the startup. I use active Desktop Calendar and I load it in the controlled startup but everytime I use the calendar even for viewing a task it shows a message that the program was added to startup again and again. If I do not click in rollback it duplicates the entry. is there a way to fix this? Also when I boot the machine all the controlled startup entries appears again in the message window and I have to rollback evreryone of them. Thanks for the help
Oleg Chernavin 02/10/2007 05:53 am
You will need to find the autostart setting in this program and disable it. Then only the Controlled Startup will run it.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gerhard Lazarus 02/11/2007 01:33 pm
> You will need to find the autostart setting in this program and disable it. Then only the Controlled Startup will run it.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I already did this but now the startup turned into a mess as it was before the program install. All programs starting at the same time, some icons do not show up and the Startup Organizer lost its utility. I think I need to lock the configuration and only change with my permission and not unattended as it is now. I setup everything, put the important programs in the controlled area, backup the configuration and 5 minutes after that it is all messed again. Please let me know what to do? Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 02/12/2007 06:11 am
So, the calendar program doesn't start itself anymore? If so, Startup Organizer doesn't do this as well. You can try to play with the Options dialog - Remove automatically.... setting.

Oleg.
Leo 09/13/2007 05:57 am
There is similar problem in my Startup Organizer 2.8.280.SR2
My OS is Vista Business. I have installed SO on it. But whenever I clear check mark of an item, after a while, that item is added to the list again with checked box. This occurs for all items.

After I clear the check mark for an item, that item is added (duplicated) with checked box. So there will be two instance of that item, one not checked, and one checked.

Any Idea to solve this problem?
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2007 06:59 am
We are sorry for the issue. Can you please right-click Startup Organizer shortcut and choose to run it in administrative mode. Then it should work correctly.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2007 12:56 pm
I got an E-mail from you. I am glad that this helps.

Oleg.