Need 2 new features for Controlled Startup!

Luke H 07/31/2006 04:50 am
Hello,
I am a registered SO user for a long time. I recently had to start using controlled startup because I have too many programs loading and some of them dont show their tray icon even though they are running-- due to congestion during startup time (too many programs loading at once).

Controlled startup has helped for this, but there should be 2 additional options, please (for a future SO version):

1) add box to enter time before starting controlled startup-- not just delay between programs. So for example, maybe I want to start my controlled programs 30 seconds after boot, but only place a 2 second delay in between programs. This is currently not possible to do with SO limited options.

2) there should be a way for ctrl.exe or so.exe to check to see if a program tries to re-add it's autostart entry to the "normal" areas, because sometimes you will end up with a duplicate program after you move it to the Controlled startup section, the next time it launches, it tries to "put itself back" in the normal startup area-- this results in a duplicate entry.

thats all for now, thank you for listening!
Luke H
Oleg Chernavin 08/01/2006 04:29 pm
Thank you for the suggestions! The first can be done already by setting the delay before running the program in its Properties dialog. The second thing is harder and we are still thinking on how to do this.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Luke H 08/20/2006 11:56 pm
Ok thank you for the response!