Losing orig setting when moved to controlled start

Peter 05/20/2006 11:14 pm
Hi... the one thing that keeps me from using startup organizer is that original settings seem to be lost when programs are moved to controlled startup. If you want to move it back or stop using SO, there is no way to restore each program to where it started. Unless I'm missing something!
Oleg Chernavin 05/22/2006 10:09 am
There is a way to restore it - in the File menu - Configuration - Restore Default Configuration. It was recorded when you started the program the very first time.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Peter 05/22/2006 12:39 pm
I guess it helps some. What does it do with items that have been either added or removed from startup since the program was installed?

Ideally, there would be a way to restore a single item from the controlled startup group to its original location when desired. Or at least to have reference to where it came from so it could be done manually.

Thanks.....Peter

> There is a way to restore it - in the File menu - Configuration - Restore Default Configuration. It was recorded when you started the program the very first time.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2006 04:30 am
It restores all removed items and removes all added ones.

Regarding restoring an item from controlled startup - does dragging it to a previous startup category helps?

Oleg.
Peter 05/23/2006 11:11 am
> It restores all removed items and removes all added ones.

This doesn't help since it would change which programs start and which don't not just whether the existing programs are in controlled startup or not.

> Regarding restoring an item from controlled startup - does dragging it to a previous startup category helps?
>
> Oleg.

The problem is, I don't know what the previous startup category was! Once you move an item to controlled startup, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell where it came from.

....Peter
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2006 01:18 pm
Yes, I understand. It will be the feature to add in the future versions of Startup Organizer. Thank you!

Oleg.
Peter 05/23/2006 01:24 pm
> Yes, I understand. It will be the feature to add in the future versions of Startup Organizer. Thank you!
>
> Oleg.

Good news, thanks!

....Peter
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2006 01:52 pm
You are welcome!

Oleg.