Default Configuration

Sheila Caim 11/15/2005 02:01 am
How can I change the default configuration? Or if I can`t, is there a way to have everything I want to run at startup, load, without having to use controlled start-up?

I like controlled start-up when I don`t want some things to run. But if I want everything to run, and it is different from the original default configuration, how can I do that?

Thanks,
Sheila
Oleg Chernavin 11/15/2005 04:37 am
You can move the programs to the Controlled Startup and they will be started by default. Also you can create several configurations - File | Configuration menu. You can store them in several files and place these files to your Desktop. This way, double-clicking a configuration file will change the startup programs to the desired set and the next reboot will use them.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Sheila Caim 11/15/2005 04:44 pm
OK. I thought that was the case, but I am having a bit of difficulty doing this. Is it possible to write out the steps? I`m not sure how to create a configuration.

Thanks,
Sheila

> You can move the programs to the Controlled Startup and they will be started by default. Also you can create several configurations - File | Configuration menu. You can store them in several files and place these files to your Desktop. This way, double-clicking a configuration file will change the startup programs to the desired set and the next reboot will use them.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 11/16/2005 04:22 am
Please save the current one to a file - File | Configuration | Backup.

Then for a new configuration remove or add programs in Startup Organizer. Once you have only the applications you need on startup, save the new configuration again to another file.

Oleg.
Sheila Caim 11/16/2005 01:24 pm
OK, but WHERE do I add or remove the programs - in Controlled Startup?? If so, do I uncheck the ones I want to start automatically and only check the ones I want to be asked about? And is this were I could save the configuration using File|Configuration|backup?

If not in Controlled Startup, then should they be in another section?

Sorry for my ignorance.
Sheila

> Please save the current one to a file - File | Configuration | Backup.
>
> Then for a new configuration remove or add programs in Startup Organizer. Once you have only the applications you need on startup, save the new configuration again to another file.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/16/2005 11:02 pm
Yes, you need to keep checked only the applications you need and then save (backup) the configuration. It doesn`t matter in which section you have these programs. Controlled Startup section has the only difference comparing to others - all programs in it can be skipped if you press Shift key when you logon Windows and also you can set the order to run programs within it, delays, etc.

Oleg.
Sheila Caim 11/19/2005 12:47 am
Oleg,

Thanks for the help. I just wish there was a way to change the default configuration. That would make things a bit easier. However, I am able to do what you said and have my own default configuration.

Sheila

> Yes, you need to keep checked only the applications you need and then save (backup) the configuration. It doesn`t matter in which section you have these programs. Controlled Startup section has the only difference comparing to others - all programs in it can be skipped if you press Shift key when you logon Windows and also you can set the order to run programs within it, delays, etc.
> > Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/22/2005 12:54 pm
The default configuration in the File | Configuration menu is being generated this way - when you install Startup Organizer, it makes a backup copy of your configuration. This is only to have the ability to restore it if you remove or change something and you don`t remember how to rollback.

Oleg.