Startup Organizer

Alexander J Mackay 10/03/2005 01:31 am
I PURCHASED "STARTUP ORGANIZER AFTER READING A RECOMMENDATION ON ONE OF THE MANY TECH SITE I USE. WHILST I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROGRAM IS TRYING TO DO I SEEM TO BE HAVING A LOAD OF PROBLEMS IN MAKING THE PROGRAM WORK IN THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD.

FYI: AMD 64 - WINDOWS XP PRO

HERE IS A LIST OF THE PROBLEMS I SEEM TO BE ENCOUNTERING:

AFTER ADDING SERVICES TO THE CONTROLLED START-UP GROUP ON THE SERVICE LINE A SMALL BOX DEPICTS THE START-UP PRIORTY.

Q: I AM FINDING THE PRIORITY NUMER ALMOST UNREADABLE, AS IT`S SO SMALL AND DISTORTED. IS THERE A BUG IN THE SOFTWARE, SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY SYSTEM OR YOU TELL ME?

WINDOWS XP LOADS SERVICES AT START-UP VIA WAY OF A STARTUP LISTING DERIVED FROM THE REGISTERY IF I AM THINKING CORRECTLY? THE XP REGISTERY ALLOWS FOR A LOAD PRIORITY TO BE ALLOCATED TO EACH SERVICE THAT IS STARTED AT BOOT TIME.

Q: HOW ARE THESE PRORITYS DERIVED? IS THERE A RECOMMENDED LISTING FOR SPECIFIC/WELL KNOWN START-UP PROCESS AND POPULAR APPLICATIONS THAT ARE STARTED AND MINIMIZED TO THE TASKBAR ON COMPLETION OF INITALIZATION?

Q: IF THERE IS SUCH A LISTING, WHERE MIGHT I OBTAIN IT? IF YOU DO HAVE SUCH A LISTING OR SET OF GUIDE LINES, WOULD IT NOT BE VERY USEFULL TO INCLUDE IT WITHING THE SOFTWARE HELP SCREENS?

MY APOLIGIES FOR SUCH A LONG AND DRAWN OUT SET OF QUESTIONS, HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EASE MY FRUSTRATION WITH YOUR PRODUCT.

BEST REGARDS

ALEXANDER J MACKAY
Oleg Chernavin 10/03/2005 08:33 am
Thank you for asking!

We will try to reproduce the priority image distortion and fix it.

XP Services are not clearly defined by the Registry. They are very special applications that can be accessed using special Service API. In general, such service applications have no user interface and no icon in the tray.

Normal applications that start automatically when you logon the system are not services. We plan to start getting together the list of such applications with descriptions. If you want more information on them, please select an application and go to the File menu | Google It - you will be presented by a Web page with links that may help.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff