Controlled startup, not all tasks starting.

ks 03/08/2005 01:04 pm
Nice program, looks promising. However, I am having one problem where not all tasks are starting that are placed in the controlled startup. The most persistent one seems to be my Belkin wireles router adapter utility. For some reason it fails to start, and Windows XP takes over trying to manage the connection in its absence (which it can`t). The Belkin utility originally installed itself to run from the startup folder, and there is no internal setting to force it to run at startup.
Oleg Chernavin 03/09/2005 09:49 am
Can you please try to move the Belkin startup item to the Controlled Startup and then back to the Start Menu? Would this allow the utility to start? If not, could you please send me the original .lnk file to support@metaproducts.com ?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
ks 03/10/2005 10:26 am
> Can you please try to move the Belkin startup item to the Controlled Startup and then back to the Start Menu? Would this allow the utility to start?

Yes. I tried this and it works (but I would prefer controlled startup). There is something strange with the way that it is handling this program. It tries to recreate the shortcut but it creates a shortcut to the folder and not utility.exe.

C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin 802.11g Wireless Card Configuration Utility

And not:
C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin 802.11g Wireless Card Configuration Utility\Utility.exe

I will send the shortcut if you email me with the address. I can even send you the file itself if it would help.

Oleg Chernavin 03/10/2005 11:10 am
Yes, please send them to me zipped to support@metaproducts.com. Thank you!

Oleg.
ks 03/12/2005 10:25 am
> Yes, please send them to me zipped to support@metaproducts.com. Thank you!
> > Oleg.

Done. Sent with atttached "Belkin.rar."

Oleg Chernavin 03/14/2005 07:43 am
I haven`t received the file yet. Can I write you directly to the E-mail you placed in the forum?

Oleg.