Controlled Startup Question

Pavel 02/02/2005 02:10 pm
I have a problem with Ad-Watch program from Lavasoft where it almost always crashes on startup and there seem to be indication that there is not enough time for this program to initialize.
I have decided to use the Startup Organizer to put some delays between programs.
The part I do not understand is at what point do the Controlled StartUp programs load and what is the relation with those that are not in the Controll StartUp group?
Do the programs in the Controll StartUp group load first or do I have to place all programs in this group in order to have controll over one or two programs?
Oleg Chernavin 02/02/2005 03:21 pm
As far as I know, the first section which is being executed is Registry section | All users | Run.

Next section is Registry section | Current user | Run. Controlled Startup application is being started from this section. After that it runs all items from the Controlled Startup section.

The last section which is being executed is from the Startup Menu.

The system doesn`t make any delays when starting applications. Only Controlled Startup section gives you an ability to change this behavior. I could suggest you to place most applications in the Controlled Startup section and set a significant delay between them. Then try to move some other programs to Registry | Run for a faster startup and see if they are running stable or not.

This way you will be able to find the optimal configuration. Unfortunately, it is hard to suggest you anything here, because all systems and sets of various programs are different and the crash can occur from a unique combination of them.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff