startup for my daughter

Jens Kondrup 01/03/2005 06:30 pm
Dear MP
My daughter got a game for Christmas. It is very hard on memory and
CPU. I want to create a separate startup for her without all the
automatic startups (WLAN, email, virusscanning, pestscanning, Office
etc etc).
How is this accomplished? All these prgograms are in Registry > All users > Run, but it seems that I cannot just move them to Other Users > Jens Kondrup > Run (they disappear).
I run WinXP on an IBM Netvista.
I hope you can help me - I will then certainly buy your program (now it is only maybe ;-)
Best regsrds
Jens Kondrup

Oleg Chernavin 01/04/2005 03:32 am
I would suggest you to move them to the Controlled Startup category. This way, when you log on the system, you can press and hold on the Shift key on the keyboard and all programs in the Controlled Startup category will be skipped. You can choose another key in the Options dialog of Startup Organizer.

Without the key pressed, all programs will be started as usually.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jens Kondrup 01/06/2005 06:46 pm
Dear Oleg
I did try this but the WLAN connection still got connected and Norton antivirus was still active (I had disabled them all in Registry > All users).
So maybe StartUpOrganizer does not catch all - still a neat program.
Best regards
Jens Kondrup

> I would suggest you to move them to the Controlled Startup category. This way, when you log on the system, you can press and hold on the Shift key on the keyboard and all programs in the Controlled Startup category will be skipped. You can choose another key in the Options dialog of Startup Organizer.
>
> Without the key pressed, all programs will be started as usually.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 01/11/2005 10:48 am
OK. We will try to reproduce this and improve StartUp Organizer. But this may take some time.

Thank you!

Oleg.