Default Profile

Shaun 11/20/2004 06:17 pm
Hey guys!

Great product! Two issues/questions I have to point out/ask about...

1. Is there a way to change the default configuration? For example, I uninstalled a program, and now it`s STILL listed in the default configuration even though it`s not there anymore. I can delete it from the list no problem, but is there any way to edit it out of the default configuration so it`s not there when I restore it? (I just have a separate profile called Default for now, but it`d be nice if you could indeed adjust the actual default configuration.)

2. I use Steam, which is Sierra`s/Valve`s online game technology, and for some odd reason, your program doesn`t detect it/deal with it quite right. Whenever I run the program, it somehow "resets" Steam`s internal settings and messes up the registry entry slightly (nothing major, tries to load it but nothing loads...even though it appears in Steam it is set to load). (This can be easily fixed by going into steam and unchecking [and if desired rechecking] the "startup" option. Not a big deal, but I thought I`d point it out.)

Also, I would be a HUGE fan of a future version that allowed starting the computer in various configurations (like for gaming). What would be best would be a shortcut you could create, say, for gaming configuration, that you could simply double click and have the computer reboot with only the programs you specified for that config. (Without actually having to go into Startup Organizer and load a configuration, and then exit - just save a bunch of steps for a quick transition).

Thanks!
Oleg Chernavin 11/22/2004 12:11 pm
Shaun,

Yes, we plan to work on the multiple configurations version, but this work was slowed down a bit.

Regarding the default configuration - can you please tell me more on what is it?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff