No warning Message

MaC! 02/21/2004 06:07 pm
Hi!

I was testing your Metaproducts Startup Organizer If you add a string to the run keys you get a popup warning that is cool,,,

But if you remove a string from the run key you get no warning at all .. That is not good cause let us say you pick up a unknown virus and it removes the run key you are is deep doo doo,,,

so how do I get it to popup a warning box if a run key string is removed...

Mac!

Oleg Chernavin 02/22/2004 01:49 pm
Thank you for the suggestion! We will add it to our plans for future versions.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Ron Horn 03/10/2004 03:43 pm
Interesting scenario. I suppose a virus could disable what ever realtime scan is active, then on the next boot, recognizing that it`s not active, have it`s way with the computer, knowing it can`t be detected.

So the enhancement should apply to services too?

Ron
Ron Horn 03/10/2004 03:55 pm
...and what about when something in a startup group or service is changed, as opposed to added/removed? Should a warning/notice be issued then? I`m installing something that comes with 3 services and it`s about to modify the services entry because the new version installs in a different directory. The more I think about it, I want to know when something is changed too.

Ron
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2004 01:06 am
I see. Yes, it sounds logical. We will really need a kind of notification when a change to the configuration happens.

Thank you!

Oleg.