Info Request

Ken Behrens 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I have several users on the same machine.
The problem I am trying to solve is that there is software in the All Users startup folder that I want to run for most of them. Would your application be able to disable selected programs for a subset of the users without having to move the shortcuts to each of the user startup folders?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> I have several users on the same machine.
> The problem I am trying to solve is that there is software in the All Users startup folder that I want to run for most of them. Would your application be able to disable selected programs for a subset of the users without having to move the shortcuts to each of the user startup folders?

I think, we can find a way to do it. But can you please tell me, why you don`t want to place these shortcuts to their personal startup folders? Are you afraid that they can remove these shortcuts?

Please write me to support@metaproducts.com

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts Software corp.
Ken Behrens 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I do not want the hassle of trying to keep them all updated if I have to install a new piece of software that is not required for everyone, but for the majority.
Case in point is Lotus SmartSuite. The install only has a choice of installing for All Users or in my startup folder as the admin if I say that it should not be for everyone. Then I have to manually update the existing logins to put the shortcut into each individual folder.
> > I have several users on the same machine.
> > The problem I am trying to solve is that there is software in the All Users startup folder that I want to run for most of them. Would your application be able to disable selected programs for a subset of the users without having to move the shortcuts to each of the user startup folders?
>
> I think, we can find a way to do it. But can you please tell me, why you don`t want to place these shortcuts to their personal startup folders? Are you afraid that they can remove these shortcuts?
>
> Please write me to support@metaproducts.com
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts Software corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I see. Anyway, it is hard to imagine how that could be done. The only possible solution that I can imagine now is to list all users in your system and tell StartUp Organizer to add some certain link to some of them.

If you would be satisfied with that solution, please write us to support@metaproducts.com and we will talk in details on how that could be done.

Oleg Chernavin.
Thomas Escamilla 03/29/2006 07:00 am
What a great program by a great copany. I`m so relieved that MO`s are payable now, er, for a while now. I like the Startup Guard too to check if any problems may arrise when loading Windows, and it`s XP Compatable too. I like how it easily overides the loading of other programs, and tells you where thier location is too.
Lena Klimova 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> What a great program by a great copany. I`m so relieved that MO`s are payable now, er, for a while now. I like the Startup Guard too to check if any problems may arrise when loading Windows, and it`s XP Compatable too. I like how it easily overides the loading of other programs, and tells you where thier location is too.

Dear Thomas Escamilla,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our software. We greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

| Lena Klimova
| Customer Service Representative
| MetaProducts Corporation