Portable or Pro
|Harry||05/31/2013 09:55 pm|
|Hello, I am very interested in buying the offline browser. If someone could just clarify:
1) I have 2 desktops and a laptop. If I get the Portable offline browser, can I use it on all 3 (they will never be used at the same time, as all 3 machines are strictly used by me alone).
2) When using off a USB drive, can one save all the projects on the device it is plugged into i.e. desktop or laptop, rather than saving the projects on the USB drive. Also, if yes (i.e. projects can be saved onto the device plugged into), can one browse the projects later without the USB plugged into the device? Is there a size limit for the project if saving on the USB (i.e. 4gb limit?)
3) If portable offline browser can be installed on hard drive as well, why would (or why should) anyone prefer Offline Pro instead? (I mean are there benefits to going with the Pro version rather than Portable? Thanks
|Oleg Chernavin||06/01/2013 11:26 am|
|1. Yes, it is possible to use it this way.
2. There is no size limit. As I understand, you want to have Portable Offline Browser installed on a USB drive. In this case, you may setup Project Properties - Parsing section to use a local download directory.
3. Yes, there are no benefits. We wanted to make it a separate product simply to outline its portability.
|Harry||06/01/2013 03:42 pm|
|Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Another quick couple questions:
1) is the portable ob compatible with windows 8 DESKTOP mode?
2) If I install the POB on a USB drive that I have handy at the moment and later I want to install on a different USB drive, can I do that?
|Oleg Chernavin||06/02/2013 07:31 am|
|1. Yes, it is surely compatible with Windows 8 and runs from its desktop.
2. Sure. You may simply copy the folder with installed Portable Offline Browser to another drive.
|Harry||06/04/2013 01:34 am|
|Thanks. Will be buying this week.|
|Oleg Chernavin||06/04/2013 07:29 am|
|You are welcome! Thank you!