using POB

Dennis Pederson 09/24/2012 01:41 am
I wanted to load http://www.greatcommissionnetwork.com/. I started a project, seemed to work, but the video would not load. I deleted all my efforts to start over, trying to get this video to load. (to play the video you click on a flag then click on a pin(region), then click on a language.
I clicked load from any site as you suggested in another question and still no video.
Can I tell if this site refuses to allow this?
What do I need to do to get this working.

Dennis
Oleg Chernavin 09/26/2012 10:42 am
I tried several ways to download and make the video playable. However nothing helped. I don't know how to extract the correct link from the Flash applet. Sorry!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
dennis 10/19/2012 03:03 am
I exported a project that plays ok in the browser, however when I try to play the exported you tube video, I get the following htm:
file:///F:/www.youtube.com/watch@v=brltllqdyyk&feature=related.htm
I am using Chrome. Is this a problem?
I used the default settings. This is my first attempt to export.
Oleg Chernavin 10/21/2012 10:19 am
The file path looks OK. What is the actual problem?

You may also export to EXE file - it will be surely compatible.

Oleg.
dennis 10/22/2012 01:26 am
I HAVE PARTLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM!! I did the .EXE export as you suggested and got the same not so good results. I noticed that the EXE export URL was 127.0.0.1:5000/....etc and the working inline POB browser URL was 127.0.0.1:800.

I changed the 5000 to 800 and the exported exe worked.

Now, I would like to send this memory stick to someone else to run on their computer. Can I make this more user friendly since I won't know what port to use on their computer?

Dennis
Oleg Chernavin 10/22/2012 08:41 am
Unfortunately, it is not a solutuion. Because 800 points back to the running Portable Offline Browser instance. If you quit it, 800 port stops working. I will work to reproduce this and find a solution in a couple of days.

Oleg.