Execute the VIEWER APPLICATION in full screen

Shay 02/17/2012 12:51 pm
Hi

is there a parameter you can pass to the viewer application to view your downloaded web in "full screen"

eg: myweb.exe /fullscreen

thanks

shay
Oleg Chernavin 02/20/2012 09:25 am
What exact viewer application do you mean? If the Browse With menu, then the Options dialog - Tools - External Browsers have the setting to start Tools Window maximized.

Would this work for you?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Shay 02/20/2012 12:01 pm
Hi Oleg

By VIEWER APPLICATION i'm referring to the .EXE you can "export" from MP OFFLINE BROWSER.

ie: [choose a downloaded web] >> Manage >> Export >>Viewer Application (EXE)

"..embeds the whole compressed website in one file. Runs only on windows, but provides better offline viewing quality because of embedded browser and web server.."

I have created an EXE of my customers web site and i have burned it to a CD. When the .exe "autoruns" it opens in a "small" window which the user has to "maximise".

I'd like the EXE to execute in a "maximised" window automatically.

Is there a parameter i can pass to the .exe before i execute it to force it to execute fullscreen?

eg: d:\myweb.exe /fullscreen

Thanks in advance

shay
Oleg Chernavin 02/20/2012 12:24 pm
I added the /maximize command-line parameter. Please update the OEBrowse.exe file in the program installation directory:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEBrowse.exe

Oleg.
Shay 02/20/2012 01:32 pm
Oleg !!

you're a genius !! it works like a gem :-)

......just one more thing......

I have discovered a weird and WONDERFUL "feature" in the OFFLINE BROWSER which helps to keep the "exported" .EXE filesize small when you are exporting a web with VIDEOS.

My customers web contains 500MB of VIDEO !! So initially the .EXE i was generating was including the 500MB of Video, which meant that it was HUGE and it took a long time to load.

Then i discovered that if:

1. I link to the videos "locally" using file:///x:/videos/this is my video.mp4
2. I make sure that the video NAME contains SPACES !!!!!!!!

then the "browser" in the .EXE converts:

file:///x:/videos/this is my video.mp4

to

/videos/this is my video.mp4

Which means i can put the videos in their own subdirectory (x:\videos) on the CD and the .EXE stays a maneageable size !!

- If the video doesn't have SPACES the OEBrowse.exe uses a "relative" route (../videos/this is my video.mp4)
- if you don't use file:/// then the OEBrowse.exe uses another "relative" route (../../videos/this is my video.mp4)
- To get a "fixed" route, ie: /videos, you MUST use file:/// + SPACES in the names of the video files

This (combined with the /maximize) makes my autorun CD a winner :-)

The ONLY thing i WISH i had, was the same effect with IMAGES (my customers web has 70MB of images) !!!

I've tried:

1. linking to the images "locally" using file:///x:/images/this is my image.jpg
2. making sure that the image NAME contains SPACES !!!

BUT the OEBrowse.exe ALWAYS generates a relative route (../images/ or ../../images/)

If i could generate "fixed" routes for the images (/images) by this or any other way then the MP OFFLINE BROWSER "exportation" option would be perfect autorun CD creation material.

Thanks for developing such a cool piece of software

s-)
Oleg Chernavin 02/21/2012 03:22 am
Shay,

I didn't think about such effect. Perhaps, there is some special tag or even script for video, so it acts this way.

Can you please show me with pieces of HTML code? Thank you!

Oleg.