System lock up

Josh 08/16/2005 09:26 pm
System:
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8KNKP Ver2
CPU: Intel p4 3GHZ
Memory: 2 gigs (Pny Dual Channel)
Hard Drive: 2 x 80 Gig Maxtors Set up on a raid 0
Connection: 2Meg ADSL through a Netgear DG834GT Router
OE Ver.: 3.9.2087 (and older versions startting from3.6)

When I down load any site does not matter which site if it is large OE seems to come to a crawl, if I leave it running overnite you can be sure that it comes to a hault and the only way out is ctrl+Alt+Del and end task, this then reports the famous windows has encounted a problem send don`t send.
This happens even with a 5 sec delay in the options. Ooh btw set to 10 simultanious connections.

Can anyone help as it gets up my nerves as it will be so nice to leave it running and return and know OE has not locked up and have to start over again because I can not even suspend to file, at the momment I have to suspend to file maybe every hour or so.

Oleg Chernavin 08/17/2005 06:11 am
Can you please see if the Parsing (XX) number in the status bar is big or not when the programs starts slowing down?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Josh 08/17/2005 07:43 am
> Can you please see if the Parsing (XX) number in the status bar is big or not when the programs starts slowing down?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Yes its normally in the 100s
Oleg Chernavin 08/17/2005 07:49 am
This means that Offline Explorer loads files faster than it can process (extract links and change links for offline browsing). I would only suggest you to setup less connections to download or increase the delay between downloads.

Oleg.
Josh 08/17/2005 08:30 am
> This means that Offline Explorer loads files faster than it can process (extract links and change links for offline browsing). I would only suggest you to setup less connections to download or increase the delay between downloads.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks will try that 2nite
Oleg Chernavin 08/17/2005 08:37 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.