download stopped

aze 08/03/2005 06:06 am
I tried to download some sites (the others worked OK) and, after downloading a little bit, OE stopped downloading. I then tried to access the site through IE, then Opera etc, but the browsers seemed to try to connect for ~1 minute, failed to display anything, then gave an "Unable to connect to remote server" error. The weird part is, before trying to d/l it with OE, I COULD connect to it. Since then I tried to connect for about 3 months without luck.Needless to say these particular sites don`t require passwords either for accessing or downloading from them, and I`m sure they`re not "down".
Even if it weren`t a OE problem, any idea or help would be highly appreciated.
Oleg Chernavin 08/03/2005 06:08 am
Please see if your personal firewall application is setup to allow Offline Explorer to act as a server and access Internet. Most probably it is because of that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
aze 08/03/2005 06:22 am
> Please see if your personal firewall application is setup to allow Offline Explorer to act as a server and access Internet. Most probably it is because of that.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
To my knowledge, I don`t have a firewall app installed. Is one active by default when installing windows? I have Win2K SP4.
Oleg Chernavin 08/03/2005 06:33 am
I am not sure about Windows 2000, but Windows XP surely has firewall activated. You can also check your antivirus application.

Oleg.