No Download

Jim Coyle 04/18/2005 05:28 pm
The programme will not access the desired site. It shows it is getting 1 page and that page is the one saying i have no cable connection. I downloaded a long while ago Intequick and it will not uninstall completely. I have tried ticking No proxy or Auto detect but I cannot get into a site.
It works on my other machine So any poinetrs welcome

Oleg Chernavin 04/19/2005 06:22 am
It looks like your personal firewall doesn`t allow Offline Explorer to download Web pages. Please look in its settings to allow that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jim Coyle 04/20/2005 02:43 pm
> It looks like your personal firewall doesn`t allow Offline Explorer to download Web pages. Please look in its settings to allow that.
> > Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Problem solved

I uninstalled the progamme and reinstalled but noticed that the websites I had tried to download still were there ie WWW.zxy.com in the list.
uninstalled again and found a metproducts folder in C:\documents and settings which when deleted enabled me to access any website.
Your uninstaller obviously does not wipe websites downloaded incase you want to go back and do not want to set up the preferences again

Thanks for the help

jim Coyle

Oleg Chernavin 04/21/2005 03:39 am
We had to do this, because there are many users who prefer to uninstall software before installing a newer version. Although this is not necessary, when uninstall cleans all downloaded sites and settings, such users simply loose everything. So, we decided to change this for better satisfaction of most users.

Oleg.