The Suspend and Stop functions...

Twisted 04/02/2005 02:03 pm

My question is what`s the real difference between suspending to a file and stoping the download to start later.
If I stop a download,and I start it later OE will check to see which links it hasn`t downloaded and start downloading them...
But if I suspend to a file and then continue the download from that file,will this be faster than the first case? (I`m talking about big websites here)
Oleg Chernavin 04/03/2005 02:12 pm
Both ways stop the Project download. However the second records the download queue state in a file, so that when you resume from that file, Offline Explorer starts loading immediately from the place when you stopped. Using the first method is longer, because Offline Explorer has to go through all previously loaded files to find out which links have not been loaded yet.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Twisted 04/09/2005 12:47 pm
Yes but when I download a big site, and suspend to a file,it takes a lot of time to do this..sometimes it seems like it freezes my system...
Oleg Chernavin 04/10/2005 03:00 am
Most probably it parses the files it already loaded. You may look in the Status Bar before making the Suspend to File - if there is a Parsing (XX) message, then it will process all of these files to get links from them and then suspend to the file.