Google Search does not work

Gaby 02/16/2005 11:35 am
I have downloaded the last version of OE. I wanted to try a search on Google, after having retrieved the Advanced Search page, just typing in the keywords and clicking on the search button. I got this:

http://search?as_q=Beethoven&num=10&hl=eu&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Bilaketa&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=

Download the missing link now and add it to the selected Project.

I just clicked on this last link and then appeared the following message:

The missing link is being loaded now...
Please wait until the link will be loaded and then click Back button in the browser.

Well, I waited, but then I noticed on the frame beneath:

http0 / Host search not found / http://search/?as_q=something&num=10&hl=eu&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Bilaketa&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=

although I was online.

I`ve also clicked the Back button, but nothing.

I have no experience with OE. Did I do something wrong?
My system ist WinXP SP2.

Thanks in advance for any help

Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2005 04:33 am
Can you please do it another way? Please make the search on google online. Then copy the URL of the page with the search results to clipboard and click the Paste button in Offline Explorer. This will create a new Project to download the search results.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gaby 02/18/2005 09:57 am
> Can you please do it another way? Please make the search on google online. Then copy the URL of the page with the search results to clipboard and click the Paste button in Offline Explorer. This will create a new Project to download the search results.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oh. You mean I should do it with IE, Opera, etc. and then do the copy/paste process? I did it otherwise with OE online, with the results previously commented. Is there alternatively any add-on to let OE do it for me? Or is it Google itself, and not any other search engine? Sorry, if I do insist, but I have a huge amount of researches to do - and with the copy/paste it would be very weary.
Thanks for your reply.
Oleg Chernavin 02/19/2005 03:46 am
After making the search in MS IE or Opera you can right-click the search results page and choose "+ Offline Explorer: Download the current page".

Oleg.
Gaby 02/19/2005 06:17 am
Thanx Oleg. I now understand, OE is exclusively what its name means: I cannot enqueue from fill-in forms.
Oleg Chernavin 02/19/2005 06:33 am
You can - if you would browse to the form in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer, fill the form with your data and click the Submit/Search button with the Alt+Ctrl keys pressed. This creates a new Project to submit and download the form.

Oleg.
Gaby 02/19/2005 10:37 am
Hey, it works!! Amazing! It also retrieves offline pages I had visited with IE and opera. Oleg, you have a good sense for suspense... I ll probly spend some time learning more about OE before I post a question on the forum. Thanx a lot.

Gaby
Oleg Chernavin 02/20/2005 02:36 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.