www.geocaching.com

Gork 10/22/2004 04:15 pm
Hello!

Cause I can`t use the service from geocaching , for downloading their site, I do want to use OE.

BUT:

I cant download them they seem to be protected or I`m to stupid to set OE up correctly for this!

This is one Link I want OE to follow:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat_ns=1&lat_h=051&lat_mmss=12.55&long_ew=1&long_h=007&long_mmss=14.28

What do I need to do?
Oleg Chernavin 10/25/2004 11:23 am
Can you logon the site in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer before downloading it? This helps usually.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gork 10/26/2004 10:09 am
> Can you logon the site in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer before downloading it? This helps usually.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Did try, he downloads just one site or all Sites on the first answer page of the search request. But nothing more.
Seems to be protected ?!

Oleg Chernavin 10/26/2004 05:33 pm
Can you please give me your username and password for that site and explain how to reproduce your download? You can write me to support@metaproducts.com if you don`t want to share the info here.

Oleg.
Gork 10/27/2004 04:57 pm
> Can you please give me your username and password for that site and explain how to reproduce your download? You can write me to support@metaproducts.com if you don`t want to share the info here.
>
> Oleg.

No i cant give you MY username there, but you dont need one to search (if you do need for something, anyone may register for free).

Go to www.geocaching.com
then the Button "Hide and seek a Cache"

Then do a search by US Zip Code or with GPS coordinates you choose (for ex. N 42° 18.003 W 071° 26.166) Better use any zip code.

You will get an response form with about 10 answers per page.
But I just may download the ?first 10 he shows, he cant follow to the second answer page it seems.
Furthermore, on the first 10 response pages shown first, he cant download all (icon pictures), what previously worked for me a time ago as I tested.

But he never did follow the links to the second answer page and deeper! Seems he detects OE or some downloader and blocks furter traffic.

If you need to get registered and couldnt do it yourself, I could do it for you.

Thanks

Oleg Chernavin 10/28/2004 11:53 am
OK. I see. The site uses the modern linking style in ASP.NET (aspx) - doPostBack. This kind of links is supported in the latest Offline Explorer Pro version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1832.zip

Please try the above updated oe.exe file to download the site. Does it work?

Oleg.
Gork 10/29/2004 11:19 am
Ok will try it the next days!
Oleg Chernavin 10/29/2004 11:21 am
Please let me know how it works.

Oleg.