A lot of irrelevent options !! dont nonw which one to choose

C 08/21/2004 09:43 pm
HI new to this software !!!!!!!!

There are a lot of options i dont know which one is usefull and which one is irrelevent.????? I am downloading a huge web site .... so i would have to download it in parts . but i dont knwo how to do this there are a lot of options. ?? when i start the project and it starts donwloading ,, and then suppose i want to stop the download at this time and want to resume it at some other time from the place i left what to do ? thre are a lot of options ? one is stop ? suspend ? suspend ot file ? stop all ?

does taht mean
Stop = stop and remove the web site currently downloading ( = remove the web site i dont want to download it )
stop all = stop all the currently downloading web sites ? and remove them or discard them ??
suspend ?? pause it ......... but does it save so that the next time we start downloading that suspended project it should start from that location ??
suspend to file ?? cant figour it out ??

please help me i am extremely confused by these options ??
Oleg Chernavin 08/22/2004 03:01 am
I am sorry for the confusion. Yes, there are several options:

> Stop = stop and remove the web site currently downloading ( = remove the web site i dont want to download it )
> stop all = stop all the currently downloading web sites ? and remove them or discard them ??

Stop - stops downloading of the currently selected Project. All files that were already downloaded are on the hard disk. It is good when you either see that all you wanted is on the disk or when you need to adjust Project settings (like Level) and start again.

No downloaded file is being removed from the disk, so you can safely view them offline.

Stop all - if you started downloading several different Projects at the same time, this stops each of them.

> suspend ?? pause it ......... but does it save so that the next time we start downloading that suspended project it should start from that location ??

It is a temporary pause. It finishes downloading the files that already started downloading and then waits. It is good when you want to examine the queue, receive/send E-mail, browse few Web sites offline. When Offline Explorer downloads Web sites, it uses all your bandwidth, so other programs access Internet very slowly. Suspend helps you in this situation.

Anyway, if you stop the download or exit Offline Explorer, unchecking Suspend will not continue.

> suspend to file ?? cant figour it out ??

This is a permanent pause - when the current state of the download is being recorded to a file. So, you can exit Offline Explorer, reboot or shutdown the computer, etc. You will be able to Resume the download from the saved file at any time.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff