Testing your product

Randall 06/14/2004 01:43 pm
I am currently testing your product. My sole pupose is to copy ASP`s to CD for disaster backup. However, in downloading my first ASP I find that not all links work. The links all pertain to stored pages(locally available) and are a different presentaion of the information. Also the ASP has a search function, for locating stored images, that is not working. This is a text search of pages not a database. Is this a Trial software limitation? Appreciate any response. Thank You
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2004 04:39 am
Dear Sir,

I think, you need to download your site using FTP protocol for backup purposes. Because when you download it via HTTP, the ASP pages are executed on the server and you download generated HTML copies. These static pages will not work with dynamic queries, like search, offline.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Randall 06/15/2004 11:29 am
> Dear Sir,
>
> I think, you need to download your site using FTP protocol for backup purposes. Because when you download it via HTTP, the ASP pages are executed on the server and you download generated HTML copies. These static pages will not work with dynamic queries, like search, offline.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Just so that I understand, are youindicating that ASP cannot be made CD operable? Although I am looking at disaster recovery I thought your product would also operate an ASP utilizing the CD as a server. Did I misunderstand?
Oleg Chernavin 06/16/2004 06:53 am
No. You can download and save the site on a CD using Offline Explorer and most of your links will work. However the search on your server uses a code that is located on server-side only and never gets loaded to a browser. Perhaps, there is a kind of a database on the server which is queried to make the search results page.

Oleg.