exporting w/ relative pathnames?

Jonathan 01/27/2004 01:44 am
Hi. I`ve been testing OE & wish to export with "contents" file (html doc with link) that refers in relative paths rather than the fully-qualified pathnames that OE uses by default. Is this possible? Thanks.

-Jonathan

PS:
It was "required" I submit an email addy prior to making this post. Because your Privacy Policy lacks statements that MP will never ever not-even-for-cheesecake-with-mangos use it to market to me (or share it or sell it) I`ve submitted a bogus one. That`s a wide open, blah,blah,blah non-policy MP has posted: not a word about not being marketed to or assurances that emails given for transient purposes like forum-posting will be discarded after xxdays, etc.. Please reconsider your policy & strip it of the flowery "we care because we`re nice" language and replace it with something like these excellent examples:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/4139
http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/4140
There is no need to respond to this post-script part about privacy - but please do wield your clout internally to advocate for what I say ...... if you agree. Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 01/27/2004 03:39 am
There are no fully-qualified paths in all exported or downloaded files. All paths are relative only. So, you can easily relocate files to any place and all links will be still working.

It is MS Internet Explorer which shows absolute paths all the time, even if they are relative inside files. You can see this if you choose "View Source" of any file.

Thank you for the comment regarding our privacy policy. I will forward it to our HQ.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jonathan 01/31/2004 11:02 am
> It is MS Internet Explorer which shows absolute paths all the time, even if they are relative inside files. You can see this if you choose "View Source" of any file.

Thx Oleg - I was fooled by the browser completion, as you say. Best to you, Jonathan
Oleg Chernavin 01/31/2004 02:29 pm
Thank you!

Oleg.