Having trouble downloading this site

Wandawoman 01/21/2004 04:21 pm
Hello!

I have been using this program for almost 3 weeks (and loving every minute) with no problems downloading any of the websites..until this last one. Here is the link: http://www.strombergschickens.com/starplate_building_system/starplate_index.htm

I have the above link as the url of this project, but as soon as I try to start the download I get a message: HTTP0: host www.strombergschickens.com not found

I`m using Mozilla browser, Windows 98, and Offline Explorer 2.9

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Wandawoman
Wandawoman 01/21/2004 07:00 pm
It seems now that I cannot view any of my already downloaded projects either. Nothing loads in the Internal Browser also. Am stumped as to why I can`t get anything to work anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks! Wandawoman
Oleg Chernavin 01/22/2004 07:49 am
Do you have all your Projects in Offline Explorer? Or they are missing as well?

If Project are there, what happens when you select any of them and click Browse button on toolbar?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Wandawoman 01/22/2004 12:17 pm
> Do you have all your Projects in Offline Explorer? Or they are missing as well?
> > If Project are there, what happens when you select any of them and click Browse button on toolbar?
> > Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Thanks for your help. It is all working fine now. It turns out that for some reason my Zone Alarm Firewall software was the culprit. Today, but not any other times, when I tried to browse my projects, the Zone Alarm popped up and asked me if I would like to have Offline Explorer to act as a server. I clicked Yes and now it is working. I`m thinking my husband probably said NO earlier when the question was asked LOL.

Great product! I am seriously thinking that I would be lost without this wonderful software when it expires soon. Guess that means I will be buying it. I`ve tried several other programs like this and none were as easy to use and simple. Thanks again!!

Wandawoman
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2004 05:24 am
Thank you for the good news! Yes, Offline Explorer also acts as a server itself to emulate online browsing. This helps to overcome problems with non-standard extensions, some Java applets, etc.

Oleg.