URL Filters - Filename inc/excl.

Ryan 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I am wondering if there is any way to include a wildcard, only if it doesn`t mach another wildcard.

EG: Website has two copies of everthing, and the second copy always maches a certain wildcard.

I would want to include *.htm, but exclude ??_combined.htm. The problem is that when I set the include filter, the program must check that first, and not continue on to exclude certain .htm files. I have also tried setting the filetypes to include in the filefilters, but when specifying custom file url filters, it doesn`t seem to check the file filters.

Is there anyway to check exclude filters first, or to check exclude even after include matches?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Ryan,

This is being done this way. Offline Explorer first checks a URL against Included keywords list and if a URL matches, it is being checked against Excluded list and only then it is decided if to skip the URL or to load it.

You can send me your Project settings to support@metaproducts.com and I will see what`s wrong - just select the Project, click Copy button and paste it to the E-mail message.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.