uninstall Offline Explorer

Ton 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hello,
I`ve downloaded the free version, but I want to uninstall it. How can I do this?
(I use Windows XP prof)
Thanks and greetz,
Ton
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hello,

If the standard uninstall procedure fails, please do the following - click Start button, select Run and enter exactly the following:

oe.exe /UnInstall

Now click OK button to start uninstall.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Ton 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Thanks, but how can I remove the `download the current page with Offline Explorer` button in the right-click thing?
Thanks and greets,
Ton
It should be removed authomatically. If not, can you please install Offline Explorer again and then disable that feature in the Options dialog | Integration - Use MS IE context menu. Click OK button and see if these entries disappear.

Oleg.
ss 03/29/2006 07:02 am
version 2.9 sr4. The uninstall command does not work: oe.exe /uninstall
all this does is run the program as usual

> It should be removed authomatically. If not, can you please install Offline Explorer again and then disable that feature in the Options dialog | Integration - Use MS IE context menu. Click OK button and see if these entries disappear.
>
> Oleg.
Please use the following parameter:

oe.exe /UnInstall

Note that U and I are in the upper-case.

Oleg.

Stephen Klebs 03/29/2006 07:02 am
> It should be removed authomatically. If not, can you please install Offline Explorer again and then disable that feature in the Options dialog | Integration - Use MS IE context menu. Click OK button and see if these entries disappear.
>
> Oleg.

For the demo that makes no sense. After the 30 day trial period it is impossible to access the program again nor is it possible to reinstall it. I need to know the exact registry keys that have to be deleted or send a reg file to automatically do it. It is very inconsiderable of any developer to leave this kind of trash in a client`s workspace.

S. Klebs
We are sorry for this problem. It has been fixed in 3.0 version. Uninstalling it removes the context menu items.

Oleg.
Greg C 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I have the same problem. I purchased OE 1.9, recently installed the Demo for OE pro 3, and after the 30 window uninstalled it and tried to re-install OE 1.9. Now I keep getting the error message "the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may correct the problem"

Well it doesn`t. How can I get my 1.9 back up and running?

Greg