downloading from mac & bumble

Shomerj 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Has anyone used OE in conjunction with this site? I have a valid password but it just won`t download the files.

thanks
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
The site looks well and it should be loaded using the standard username/password method in the Project Properties dialog | Advanced | Passwords.

Do you use http://members.macandbumble.com/ as the starting URL?

If the above doesn`t help, please let me know what do you experience? Do you have at least some pages downloaded?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
dj 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> What exact problem do you have?
>
> Oleg.

i set http://alleybaggett.net/members as a starting page, but oe downloads only 1st page ;-(
> > What exact problem do you have?
> >
> > Oleg.
>
> i set http://alleybaggett.net/members as a starting page, but oe downloads only 1st page ;-(

it`s the same problem with crissy-moran.net
Please logon the site in the Internal browser first and then start downloading it.

Oleg.
> Please logon the site in the Internal browser first and then start downloading it.
>
> Oleg.

ok, i will try
> > Please logon the site in the Internal browser first and then start downloading it.
> >
> > Oleg.
>
> ok, i will try

it has just started working!!!!! thx man!
You are welcome!

Oleg.
john 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> The site looks well and it should be loaded using the standard username/password method in the Project Properties dialog | Advanced | Passwords.
>
> Do you use http://members.macandbumble.com/ as the starting URL?
>
> If the above doesn`t help, please let me know what do you experience? Do you have at least some pages downloaded?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

I have tried to download this webpage. Many files ARE downloaded correctly, however, there is a problem with the galleries.

This is how the site is organized:

models_index>model page(includes links to all galleries>each gallery
when visiting a model page, the url has the following form:
/bmi/index.php@model_id=3

now, when you first enter the gallery, the url is of the form:
members.macandbumble.com/bmi/bfgallery.php?mg=15&size=large
After this point, it seems two problems occur:
1. Going to the next pages within the gallery causes problems
2. veiwing images causes problems

The reason is that when switching pages in a gallery or viewing the larger image, the link changes to the following forms:
/bmi/bfgallery.php?lastx=16 (for next page)
this seems to indicate that model id is no longer passed in query string. It only shows the offset of the image. For example, in this case, images 16-32 will be shown on next page. If there was only one gallery, this would not be a problem. However, since there are money, it seems everytime the next page is being navigated, that file is overwritten.

Also, when viewing and enlarged image, the url is of the following form:
/bmi/bfgallery.php@v=0
As you can see, once again no model id is passed. Somehow, the page knows which model`s image we are requesting. It seems to be some sort of session variable or something.

BTW, even though there is a drop down box on gallery pages, there is also a simple image link labeled next that does the job. I think the only way to solve this problem is to somehow capture that session variable or whatever and pass that each time and also store that somehow in the name of the html file so that the file is not overwritten.

If you need any more information, please let me know. I may even be able to provide you with a username and password.
john 03/29/2006 07:00 am
btw, I forgot to say, I am using the pro version. However, I thought this problem would fit in this thread.
Well, this looks like an enigma site. I would appreciate if you contact us directly at support@metaproducts.com . Please write me the logon information and I will see how the site is organized. Perhaps I will have ideas on how to load it. Maybe using some semi-automatic way when you select a model manually and have Offline Explorer to load it, then go to another, etc.

Oleg.
John 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Okay, I have found a way to download the gallery sections. This took me a few hours and it involved writing a little program of my own in c#. Basically, this is how I solved it:
for each gallery within a model`s page, i generated a link noticing that the link was of the following form: http://members.macandbumble.com/bmi/newgallery.php?mg=900&size=large

By incrementing the mg=x portion of the query string, I was able to go from 50 to 900. I did this in c# and wrote it directly to the WebDown.dat file within the OfflineExplorer program directory. Of course, I fiddled with the site options to exclude certain URLs and such and I can post that if anyone is interested. Then i place the approximately 900 sites within the sequencer and unsuspended the sequencer. Right now I am up to mg=400 and all seems to be going well. If anyone is interested in the little program and the setting I used to download the site, please let me know.

Also one last thing, the site uses some cookie when you log on. So, if you do not logon manually to the site when you enter offline explorer, the page links of the format above WILL NOT work. So before you download a site, go into offline explorer and manually logon to the site. I will modify the program a little bit so others may use it if they are interested. Currently, it creates a WebDown.dat file from scratch, but I will make it so you can just have it append the sites to the end of your own file so that the sites you already have arent destroyed. I am very happy right now :)

Gimme a day to fix up the program completely and I will post it along with some instructions on how to use it. yay!
John,

One little note - you mentioned that files for all models have the same URL, which may mean that Offline Explorer would overwrite previously loaded files (for another model) when loading a new model. Is it so?

Oleg.
John 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> John,
>
> One little note - you mentioned that files for all models have the same URL, which may mean that Offline Explorer would overwrite previously loaded files (for another model) when loading a new model. Is it so?
>
> Oleg.
Well, the html files are overwritten. This is unless you put each site into a different directory. However, the image files are retained completely. So far so good, I have left it on for a while and it has downloaded most of the individual galleries with complete success!
OK. If you need only images, this will really work.

Oleg.
yan 03/29/2006 07:00 am
hi, could you post the setting you are using to load the pictures, thanks
Bob 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi,
I am having the same problem with M&B. Could you please forward the utility you wrote to assist with this site?

Thanks!
Ronny 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Hi,
> I am having the same problem with M&B. Could you please forward the utility you wrote to assist with this site?
>
> Thanks!
>

Any more information regarding the tool or the settings in Offline Pro -vs M&B?

Thanks in advance :-)

Ronny
I haven`t seen the site myself, but from the above discussion it looks like it is possible to use URL Macros to download this kind of URL:

http://members.macandbumble.com/bmi/newgallery.php?mg=900&size=large

If so, then loading URLs from 50 to 900 would look like the following starting URL in an Offline Explorer Pro (or Enterprise) Project:

http://members.macandbumble.com/bmi/newgallery.php?mg={:50..900}&size=large

Would that help?

Oleg.
Kevin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I am having the same problem with Mac & Bumble. I have tried several times and invested many hours :)

Could you please send me the app you created... or if anyone else has found a solution please let me know:

oequestion2@yahoo.com

PS.. for some reason... Offline explorer actualy works on 3 of the galary large photo sets... no idea way. But that leaves about 900 sets that dont work :)

Thanks!

> Okay, I have found a way to download the gallery sections. This took me a few hours and it involved writing a little program of my own in c#. Basically, this is how I solved it:
> for each gallery within a model`s page, i generated a link noticing that the link was of the following form: http://members.macandbumble.com/bmi/newgallery.php?mg=900&size=large
> > By incrementing the mg=x portion of the query string, I was able to go from 50 to 900. I did this in c# and wrote it directly to the WebDown.dat file within the OfflineExplorer program directory. Of course, I fiddled with the site options to exclude certain URLs and such and I can post that if anyone is interested. Then i place the approximately 900 sites within the sequencer and unsuspended the sequencer. Right now I am up to mg=400 and all seems to be going well. If anyone is interested in the little program and the setting I used to download the site, please let me know.
> > Also one last thing, the site uses some cookie when you log on. So, if you do not logon manually to the site when you enter offline explorer, the page links of the format above WILL NOT work. So before you download a site, go into offline explorer and manually logon to the site. I will modify the program a little bit so others may use it if they are interested. Currently, it creates a WebDown.dat file from scratch, but I will make it so you can just have it append the sites to the end of your own file so that the sites you already have arent destroyed. I am very happy right now :)
> > Gimme a day to fix up the program completely and I will post it along with some instructions on how to use it. yay!
Kevin,

Maybe my solution with URL Macros will work for you?

Oleg.
Thanks Oleg,

I already tried this when I read the posting originaly. But it does not work for Mac & Bumble. I tried lots of variations on this as well.

Too bad... I think a lot of people want to use OE on M&B :)

Thanks,

Kevin

> Kevin,
>
> Maybe my solution with URL Macros will work for you?
>
> Oleg.
Can you contact me directly at support@metaproducts.com to discuss this? I might be able to find a solution.

Oleg.
Any luck in finding a solution oleg?

Thanks!

> Can you contact me directly at support@metaproducts.com to discuss this? I might be able to find a solution.
>
> Oleg.
I haven`t received an E-mail from you. Can I write you directly to the E-mail you specified in the forum message? Or you have another E-mail address?

Oleg.
Hi Oleg,

Please write to the e-mail specified in the forum. I replied to your last message and provided you my info for this site. Did you not get it? I will send again.

> I haven`t received an E-mail from you. Can I write you directly to the E-mail you specified in the forum message? Or you have another E-mail address?
>
> Oleg.
Yes, I received your E-mail. I will write you once I find out something.

Oleg.
Oleg, thanks for all your help.

It seems that there was some confusion when we were writing because at the same time Mac & Bumble totaly re-worked their site. Under this new structure, all the downloads are working! Thanks for your help, but to all those listening in on this one... go try at Mac & Bumble again and it will work.

Now they seem to have limited their server to 2 simultanious connections cause I get 8 connections waiting and 2 going at a time, but over a day or two you can get all the images.

Thanks again!

> Yes, I received your E-mail. I will write you once I find out something.
>
> Oleg.
OK. Great!

Oleg.
> OK. Great!
>
> Oleg.

i have the same problem, but this is alleybaggett.net

(i have right pass)

can anybody help me?