Can OE retry download based on file size or server error?

TomH 10/03/2015 01:34 pm
Hello

Sometimes when I am downloading a desired webpage, the server response is an error. The html downloaded in this case contains markup that states "server error...page not found..." etc. When I attempt to download it a second time it works successfully. Obviously this is a glitch on the server that I am downloading from, and not something that OE is causing. However, I would like OE to recognize the "server error" and attempt to download the page until it is successful - perhaps with a limit of 100 attempts. Is this possible with OE? How do I setup the project to recognize a server error so that it retries the download?

I did note that a "successful" download has a file size of 33KB or more. A "server error" download produces a file size of just 4KB. Intuitively, could the file size be used as a trigger to tell OE to retry the download? That would be a cool feature.

Thank you,
Tom

ps I also emailed tech support this same question. If tech support wants, please post your answer here for the other users.
Oleg Chernavin 10/04/2015 08:05 pm
Thank you very much for this idea! We added it to 7.0 version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/opbsetup.exe

You can now use Content Filters to define words to search for and retry if they are found.

Please let me know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff