Compressed exe viewer broken links

Gordon 09/18/2014 11:04 am
I use OE Pro 6.8 4058 to copy our internal website and export to a compressed exe for use by employees working disconnected from our network. This internal site contains links to several hundred pdf files located on a nework share. When I copy the site 99% of the links are copied to my download folder with the same path while a few files copy with a slightly different path. All files have the same path on our share drive so I can't explain why the location is differnet when they download. Using the OE built in browser I can view all of my linked pdf files but in the compressed exe browser the 1% of files on that different path come up with a "Document not found" page.

Oleg Chernavin 09/19/2014 12:33 pm
Could this be because of too long filenames or some special symbols? I need to know some examples of links that do not work. You may *** the server/share names to keep them secure.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gordon 09/23/2014 11:47 am
Sorry for the late reply.

The weird thing is that there doesnt' appear to be any difference in the path and I looked for any special characters that might cause trouble.

Can I send you a screen shot of the Map page? You can see at a glace on that map screen that all links that start with file://#donmain# work fine but links that are mapped to file:// with #domain# as the first subfolder of the path don't work. It's a little difficult to explain but the screen shot should make more sense.

Gordon
Oleg Chernavin 09/25/2014 09:21 am
Yes, all details and screenshots might be helpful to understand the issue. Can you please send them to support@metaproducts.com ?

Thank you!

Oleg.