Download pictures from Bonhams

Udo 12/26/2013 12:30 pm
I'd like to downlad the lot pages of car auctions from www.bonhams.com including the full scale pictures, for example:
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21392/lot/151/
But I don't find any way to get the high resolution pictures. Is there any way to get this?

Thanks in advance,
Udo
Oleg Chernavin 12/26/2013 12:37 pm
Yes, it is possible. The script is not easy to handle there, but you can use URL Substitutes (Project Properties dialog - Parsing section) to get full-size images instead of the smaller ones. Add two rules there:

URL:
Replace:
&width=*
With:
(keep this field empty)
Apply to:
URLs

and another:

URL:
Replace:
&width=*
With:
(keep this field empty)
Apply to:
URLs

Redownload the Project.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Udo 12/27/2013 07:34 pm
Many thanks for this really fast help!

But I can't recognize any difference between those two rules. Maybe you made a copy/paste error in your post?

I tried this rule and it works. I get the full res pictures downloaded. But there are two shortcomings:
- the pictures do overlap the text columns on the page
- the page obviously has a fixed width, so that only a part of the pictures is shown and the pictures have to be viewed one another in the browser in an own tab.

Do you have any suggestions to make browsing and reading more comfortable in the downloaded project?

Best Regards,
Udo

Oleg Chernavin 12/28/2013 11:55 am
Sorry, it is the forum conversion. The second rule should have "& amp;" (without the space) instead of "&". However I simply guessed that it might be necessary. Good that it worked with just one rule.

Unfortunately, I don't have good ideas. The web page was designed for smaller images. The above rule made a trick to get the big images that are loaded dynamicly by a complex script.

Maybe you could now remove the rule and redownload the site in a normal way. The big images will be still on the disk and there is a chance that they will be browseable.

Oleg.