Exporting docx files change to docx.zip file

Marc 09/23/2013 03:07 pm
I have an internal website the has links to files on our local network drive. I am running OE pro against the site to get forms availble offline. There are various forms that OE successfully downloads to the download directory. The downloaded file types include pdfs, docs, docxs. However when I export them, the exported project turns docx fils into docx.zip. A doc file and pdf do not change extensions. The working and non working files are in the same source folder on the network.

ex.. file1.docx becomes file1.docx.zip in the export directory.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 09/27/2013 04:18 pm
Yes, I see the problem. I will fix it when I'm back from vacation.

Can you please post again here after October 6th?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Marc 10/07/2013 09:14 am
Hi Oleg,

You asked me to post a reminder about the docx issue after the 6th....

Thanks

Marc
Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2013 03:03 pm
Thank you! I made a change. Can you please update your OE.exe file to this one:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP4006.zip

Please let me know how the export works now.

Oleg.
Marc 10/07/2013 04:55 pm
I think that has fixed the export issue. Now, when navigating an exported project and clicking on a file/link that is docx the file opens in word as expected...no longer pointing to a zip folder.

There may still be a related functionality issue. I think I missed that part in my initial report. Within OE, when navigating the downloaded project clicking on one of the files that is a docx extension, OE wants to open it as a zip file. OE will point to local users temporary internet files. C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0UV0439J\xxxfilename[2].zip.

Mousing over the file link in the OE project points to the correct downloaded project location and file name with correct extension.

Thanks

Marc

Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2013 05:07 pm
It looks like MS IE (serves as Internal browser) saves the file to its cache and opens this way.

I will see if anything can be done with that, but so far I have no ideas.

Does it work this way when browsing online using MS IE?

Oleg.
marc 10/08/2013 08:04 am
When browsing online via IE, a doc/link will open directly from the network drive. The hover tip points to the netwrok drive and the properties of the opened document point to the network drive. I do not see anything in temporary internet files either.
I am not to concerned about the internal OE part not working since the export part is now working.

Thanks

Marc
Oleg Chernavin 10/08/2013 08:25 am
OK. I see. I will try to reproduce this and investigate further.

Thank you!

Oleg.
marc 10/11/2013 10:19 am
--update--

I have found some additional file types that have the same issue on export. (on export they become zip files)

xlsx, and docm file types also have the problem. I would guess the issue may occur for all office 2010 file types and the same fix you did for docx may need to be applied to all types?...I originally only had docx types to test. I have not tried a xlsm but I would guess it would need a fix too
THanks

Marc
Oleg Chernavin 10/13/2013 02:39 pm
Thank you! Added them as well:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP4007.zip

Oleg.
marc 10/21/2013 04:03 pm
I have successfully tested/exported both xlsx and docm files.

Thanks

Marc
Oleg Chernavin 10/21/2013 04:18 pm
Great! Thank you very much!

Oleg.