Webdown.dat

Peter Hawkins 06/04/2013 07:30 am
Previously when I upgraded computers I copied the webdown.dat to the new system in the folder spcified by "Projects, Templates and Maps". I'm trying this again and it doesn't seem to work. When I copy webdown.dat and then open OE Pro the projects are blank. When I close OE Pro the copied webdown.dat is overwritten with the blank projects file. version is 6.6.3944, has there been some change to how we mograte projects?
Oleg Chernavin 06/04/2013 07:31 am
No, there was no change. Can you open the file in Notepad to see if it is broken somehow?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Peter Hawkins 06/04/2013 07:53 am
File opens fine in Notepad, can't see any problems. When OE Pro opens with the blank projects, if I save it renames the new Webdown.dat (with my projects) to .bak and replaces it with a new blank one so it obviously sees it.
Oleg Chernavin 06/04/2013 07:55 am
Can I ask you to send this file to me via support@metaproducts.com ? I will try to reproduce.

Oleg.
Peter Hawkins 06/04/2013 09:10 am
I got the projects loaded. The first time I tried was directly after installing OE Pro. I then rebooted the system, ran up OE pro and the projects appeared. Didn't seem to work directly after first installation.
Oleg Chernavin 06/04/2013 09:36 am
The first time OE runs in administrative mode if started from the installer. Maybe it was the reason.

Oleg.