I feel stupid - URL Filters

Thomas 03/17/2013 10:02 am
I've been fighting OE for days now. Cannot seem to gain a fundamental grasp on URL Filters (and, potentially, Starting URL).

I suspect a contributing factor is that I am moving from Teleport to OE. The concepts in Teleport make more sense to me...

In Teleport, one defines the limits of EXPLORATION.... and then one defines the limits of what is actually DOWNLOADED (to disk).

Teleport makes it easy (for my brain, anyway), in that I can configure the project to CRAWL a particular structure, but only download those directories and/or files of interest.

I'm just not seeing how to separate the Exploration settings from the Download (to disk) settings in my mind for OE.

In OE, I get lots of directories (downloaded to disk), and I don't want them. I do, however, want them Crawled/Explored for deeper links (where there may be content I DO wish to download).

Can anybody help me get my brain thinking in the "OE" way?
Oleg Chernavin 03/17/2013 01:16 pm
Yes, the concept is different. Offline Explorer downloads and saves the content. You cannot separate exploration from saving here. If some set of URLs is allowed to be explored (downloaded), it will be saved.

Anyway, can you please explain me the task you want to accomplish? Perhaps, I will find a way to do it easy with Offline Explorer.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff