Is local persistence / rollback possible (keep objects regardless of remote website deletions/updates) ?

David Esp 01/23/2013 02:29 pm
Suppose I create a project to download a (remote) website, then run it to completion. Now I have a local mirror of it.

Suppose some time later the remote website gets changed eg suppose one of its pages gets removed (eg by the webmaster). If I tell my project to download again, will it keep or delete that page from the local mirror (folder-tree)? Is there any Outlook Explorer option to "Never Delete"?

Then also it is possible that the page might get changed eg updated by the remote webmaster. Presumably when I tell the project to download, it will replace the local copy of the page with a new one, keeping in synch with the remote website. Is there any way to maintain archive/rollback copies of just the objects (pages etc) that have changed, or to identify which ones they are?

Many thanks,
David
Oleg Chernavin 01/24/2013 07:26 am
By default Offline Explorer never deletes pages that are now missing on a web site.

Regarding changed pages - you may use the File Copies feature of the Project Properties dialog to keep as many old versions as you wish. The archived web pages and other files can be accessed via the Map tab of the Project.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff