Javascript issues

Karl 05/17/2012 05:04 pm
OE is by far the best offline explorer - and I have tested many.

But there are still issues with Javascript. I was downloading a very simple site with a javascript menu as a test. But OE isn't able to download it with the working menu. But a much more simpler offline browser called PageNest could download it fully working.

How is this possible?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 05/18/2012 11:01 am
Perhaps, Offline Explorer improperly translates some links in the .js file on that site and scripts cause errors. Can you please give me the link to the site, so I can test and fix it?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Karl 05/18/2012 11:06 am
The test site is: http://mediakomplett.de/

Only PageNest could it download working. Any other Offline Browser can't. It seems that Javascript is a big issue for Offline Browsers.

Thanks, Oleg. And have a nice evening.
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2012 04:24 pm
I tested the site and yes - the script is quite complex. It constructs the link to an outside script file with the page online URL and requires it when browsing offline.

So far I have no good ideas on how to overcome this. Offline Explorer makes the menu links working, except the submenu one.

I also tried PageNest - it also didn't work well with that menu. However the saved page goes online when clicking the Startseite link. Of course, the online version works correctly - maybe this is why you had an impression of the working page?

Oleg.