can't download amazon S3/cludfront.net video, on a membership site.

fk 07/16/2011 09:22 pm
I have a licensed copy of offline explorer pro.
I belong to a subscriber website and it requests a username [my email address] and
also a password.
I can log in successfully into the member area via a firefox or IE browser.

The site has transitioned some of it's member videos into BOTH streaming and MP4, but not all videos.
I am trying to save one of the streaming ones.

When I log into the site through Offliner explorer pro I can browse the site, get to the video section.
I click on the button to launch the "streaming video" and then a 2nd IE windows opens and nothing happens. My windows vista "blue circle" just sits there spinning and spinning, never going anywhere.

I inputted my username and password into the offline explorer advanced setup wizard prior to launching the project.

The link in my offline explorer URL window is:
http://127.0.0.1:800/Default/MYEXAMPLE.cloudfront.net/Video/MYEXAMPLE/MYEXAMPLE.html
[Note: I replaced actual video name with "MYEXAMPLE", so I don't advertise the actual video name here.

I heard that some Amazon S3 [cloudfront.net] videos are encrypted and cannot be downloaded.

Is this correct?
Oleg Chernavin 07/18/2011 07:36 am
I can take a look at the site and videos to understand if it is possible to download or not. Can you please send the necessary details to support@metaproducts.com ?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff