Program crashes when speed is limited

Michael Torley 04/18/2011 08:00 pm
Whenever the "Limit download speed" box under Options > Speed is checked, OEP crashes during project downloads. The time it takes for it to crash varies inversely with the number of d/l threads, so it seems like it might be a memory issue. (My system monitors show a steadily increasing number of process threads devoted to OEP, as well as a steadily increasing use of private memory.)

If I uncheck the "Limit download speed" box and reduce my d/l threads to 7 or fewer, then projects will download successfully without OEP crashing (process threads and private memory usage both level off).

My machine is a Core 2 Duo E7400 w/ 4GB RAM. The problem initially occurred while I was running WinXP Pro 32-bit, so I even wiped my machine and installed Win7 Ent 64-bit, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I missing something embarrassingly obvious that would fix the problem? I'd like to put a speed limit on my projects and run more than a couple of d/l threads, but OEP crashes whenever I do.
Michael Torley 04/18/2011 08:32 pm
I just realized that I should have used the word "connections" instead of "d/l threads". Also, I should have added that I'm using OEP 5.9.3346 Service Release 4 (registered).
Oleg Chernavin 04/19/2011 06:23 am
Thank you very much for pointing to this! I fixed it right away. Can you please test the updated oe.exe file?

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP3347.ZIP

Please let me know how it works. Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Michael Torley 04/19/2011 02:43 pm
Thank you for addressing this so quickly, Oleg! The new file works very well. I've tested it with "limit download speed" checked (with five different speeds specified), with "limit download speed" unchecked, and with various numbers of connections. In all cases, my machine reports that OEP process thread numbers and private memory usage are much better, and no longer continually increasing to the point at which a crash might occur. I think the problem is solved. Thanks again!
Oleg Chernavin 04/19/2011 03:05 pm
This is great! Thank you for good news!

Oleg.