Downloading shopping cart information

MegaUser 02/18/2011 03:19 pm
Hi Oleg,

I am trying to download a website including shopping cart information. After I export the data and return to the website offline, the checkout system does not work. Is there a way that I can see the exact clicks that I made (and the pages) so that I can view my purchases that I made online? Even something that would capture the screens in a jpg would work. I understand that unique data is being sent and interpreted by the servers for every item I add to the cart or checkout with. Can I see exactly what shipping info etc. that I entered on those pages up to the very last step of checkout?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2011 03:21 pm
Can you let me know the particular site and what exact pages and info you would be interested to save? Clicking Checkout offline will surely not work.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
MegaUser 02/18/2011 03:28 pm
This has been a problem with a couple of websites. Suppose I want to purchase a product from Amazon.com. I go to amazon.com, search for kindle, find a kindle and add it to my cart. I can see it in my cart and I click checkout, insert my address and billing information, then after a couple of pages it says thank you for your order. Is there a way in OfflineExplorer that I can save all of the information that I enter in these boxes? That way I can keep track of what websites I paid what on, and what information I entered in when purchasing, etc.
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2011 03:35 pm
No, sorry. This information is sent to the server directly and not stored in the web pages at all. This is for security reasons.

Oleg.
MegaUser 02/18/2011 03:41 pm
Is there at least a way to save what the pages look like, not the information like address that I have entered?

For instance, If i added the kindle to my amazon.com shopping cart...can I save it so that when I view it offline it is still in my shopping cart? and then when i click checkout brings me to the page to enter my billing info?
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2011 04:01 pm
Please try MetaProducts Inquiry:

http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/inquiry_professional_edition.htm

It gets the info directly from MS Internet Explorer and saves it. Would this work?

Oleg.
MegaUser 02/18/2011 04:22 pm
I would like to save the webpages within Offline Explorer so that I can access them along with the entire webpage. Is there anyway to save some of the checkout/adding things to cart steps?
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2011 04:49 pm
No, sorry.

Oleg.