Trouble Viewing ASPX Pages Offline

Ahmed 02/17/2011 01:49 pm
Hi,

I am having trouble viewing downloaded .aspx pages offline on multiple websites. I get errors such as:

"XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag" followed by a description of where the error is occurring in the file, as well as other errors.

Am I doing something wrong with my link translation that's messing up the ASPX code? The pages are being collected, however they have errors when viewed in a web browser offline.

An example website is http://www.pharmapassport.com. While the home page (which has a .htm extension) displays properly, many of the links (which have .aspx extensions) do not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmed
Oleg Chernavin 02/17/2011 01:50 pm
I downloaded this site with Level=1 and browsed it offline within Offline Explorer Pro. All ASPX pages were browseable correctly - no errors.

If you are going to browse it without Offline Explorer, please select the Project, click the Export Files button, choose the desired folder to export the site and make sure you have "Standard extensions" box checked. Then make the export and browse the site.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Ahmed 02/18/2011 06:54 am
Thank you, Oleg. The aspx pages are displaying correctly now, once I export the project.

However, there is still one issue. When I try to use the search box on the homepage, the correct page doesn't load, even though it is in the collection.

For example, when browsing the exported http://www.pharmapassport.com offline using Firefox, if I type in "Rogaine" in the search box, it says:

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/ExportFiles/www.pharmapassport.com/price_search.aspx?drugname=rogaine&search=.

The actual page is located at:

C:/ExportFiles/www.pharmapassport.com/price_search.aspx@drugname=rogaine&search=.

The ? gets replaced with a @ symbol when saved to the disk, since ? is an illegal filename character. Is there a way to have it point to the correct page?
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2011 06:57 am
Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. The form can use only ? symbol for the request. However they are not allowed in filenames by Windows. You can only browse such site correctly within Offline Explorer.

Oleg.