Some way to stop the scheduler automatically?

Coriolis 06/01/2010 11:50 am
Hello,

I would like to run the scheduler for an hour or two every night to slowly cycle through a long list of projects. I can start the scheduler easily enough (I use the /startscheduler command-line switch in the Windows scheduler) but I can't see any way to stop it again. I would like to stop it with the "do not stop current project" option. Is there any way to do this? Either stop it with a command-line switch or give the internal scheduler a maximum time limit? Thank you.
Oleg Chernavin 06/01/2010 02:19 pm
I would suggest you to use the:

oe.exe /CloseNoCountdown

command-line parameter - it will wait for the current download to complete and then exit. You can also set max time for a Project download in their Properties dialog - Limits section.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Coriolis 06/02/2010 11:33 pm
I have tried the /close and /closenocountdown options, but they appear to have no effect if the scheduler is running. The current project runs to completion and then the scheduler simply continues with the next project with no delay.

I can't use the project time limit because it's not any specific project I want to stop - it's the series of projects in the scheduler. I have about 950 projects in my schedule. I don't want to download them 24 hours a day, only as many as will fit in an hour or two each day.
Oleg Chernavin 06/03/2010 06:21 am
I think, you mean Sequencer. If yes, I will add code to stop sequencer running when /Close or /CloseNoCountdown is used.

Oleg.
Coriolis 06/03/2010 11:13 am
You are exactly right! It is the Sequencer I am trying to control.
Oleg Chernavin 06/03/2010 02:52 pm
Please download the updated version here:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep3210.zip

Unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. Please let
me know how it works.

Oleg.
Coriolis 06/07/2010 09:32 am
It works like a champ! Thank you.
Oleg Chernavin 06/08/2010 10:12 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.