How do I filter this?
|Steven||11/19/2009 10:44 am|
(links with story_id after ?)
while filtering links such as:
I tried to add "story_id" to the "included files keywords" but it doesn't work.
|Tom||11/19/2009 11:47 am|
|A common mistake is to forget to set the Location in the right way:
File Filters | Text | Location: Load using URL filters settings
Then you could add http://www.economist.com/theworldin/displayStory.cfm?story_id=* to the included files keywords.
Add to the excluded files keywords:
|Steven||11/19/2009 09:40 pm|
|Actually there are two kinds of links that I want to include:
If I add both of them to the included keywords, neither of them would be downloaded. And they both have "story_id" in it, so I guess I can set a filter with that? Just wondering why it didn't work.
|Oleg Chernavin||11/20/2009 02:14 am|
|Can you post the Project settings here? Please select it, use Export - Project Settings - Copy and paste to the forum message.
|Steven||11/20/2009 02:22 am|
Caption=The World in 2010
|Oleg Chernavin||11/20/2009 03:20 am|
|Please have only the following two entries in the Filename - Included list:
This should be enough.
|Steven||11/20/2009 04:26 am|
By the way, when I tried to browse it offline, the problem discussed at :
links with printerFriendly.cfm can't be opened. I restarted the software and chose "update the project" before all the links can be viewed. (So I guess the problem is related to URL substitute, since all the printerfriendly.cfm was converted from displaystory.cfm)
swf files on
were not properly downloaded. (or at least I can't see it offline
|Oleg Chernavin||11/20/2009 04:27 am|
|Yes, updating files is necessary in this case, so Offline Explorer would load the web page and change links according to the substitute rules.
Regarding Flash applet - I would suggest you to select the Project that partially downloaded the site, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files.
|Steven||11/20/2009 04:47 am|
|“Yes, updating files is necessary in this case, so Offline Explorer would load the web page and change links according to the substitute rules.”
But shouldn't it change links according to the URL substitute rules in the first place? If I choose to start the project automatically when I'm away, it'll actually require me to update it (or downloading the same project again) when I'm back.
|Steven||11/20/2009 04:51 am|
|I tried autosave, but it didn't seem to work. It didn't download the flash.|
|Oleg Chernavin||11/20/2009 09:27 am|
|Sorry, I have no other idea about the Flash applet. Regarding the error - can you please
download the updated version here:
Unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. Please let me know how it works.
|Steven||11/21/2009 04:09 am|
|Do you have an updated version of POB, as I'm actually POB rather than OE|
|Oleg Chernavin||11/23/2009 02:49 am|
|Sure. Here it is:
|Steven||11/27/2009 01:56 am|
|Thank you! I'll see if it works next time I download a similar project.|
|Steven||12/04/2009 01:37 am|
|The problem still exists. I still have to start a project a second time to get all the links translated.|
|Oleg Chernavin||12/18/2009 02:30 am|
|I am sorry, I analysed the code and didn't find anything suspicious. URL Substitutes should make all links translated after the first download. I still have no idea on what can be wrong here and even how to reproduce the problem.
I will keep watching this issue anyway.
|Steven||12/18/2009 03:44 am|
|It work out well now. Just the above-mentioned swf downloading problems remains.|
|Oleg Chernavin||12/18/2009 04:16 am|
|Yes, some Flash applets are impossible so far to download and make working offline. Sorry for that!