Regenerating maps/backups and timestamps
|Tyler||07/22/2009 01:47 am|
|I think that the features of backup project/Restore project map needs some improvements, specifically relating to
keeping timestamps of the files. My download directory changed and I lost my maps (mistyped command on my part), so I thought I could
regenerate them and back things up for storage. When I regenerate maps, I lose the last download time of the project. To compound the issue, when using the built-in backup feature, I lose the timestamps of the files that were backed up from disk, so I can''t use the timestamps of the .wd3 files as a guide to know when I last updated.
.boe files seem to be zip files, and the zip file format allows timestamps to be kept. Would it be possible to keep this data during backup and to keep the last download time when regenerating the map? Also, the number of files/size could be set as if the download was new; since it does have to re-parse all the files.
|Oleg Chernavin||07/22/2009 10:46 am|
|Thank you! I fixed all 3 issues. You may replace your oe.exe file with the updated version:
Please let me know how it works.
|Tyler||07/22/2009 05:46 pm|
|Thanks. This almost works. I regenerated a map, and the time/number of files is kept. When I backup a project,
the timestamps in the zip are still the time of backup, rather than the time on disk before the backup. For example, if I download a project yesterday and back up today, all of the timestamps in the .boe files will be today (time of backup), and not what they were on the disk.
|Oleg Chernavin||07/23/2009 10:23 am|
|Please try this update:
Make a new backup file and restore it.
|Tyler||07/25/2009 12:37 am|
|It almost works. All of the filenames are being converted to lowercase in the backup and in the .map file in the archive; this will break on most unix webservers (test.htm and Test.htm are two different files).|
|Oleg Chernavin||07/26/2009 12:11 pm|
If you will notice any other mistakes, let me know. Thank you!
|Tyler||07/26/2009 08:12 pm|
|Thanks! Just wanted to make you aware of a few more things that I thought strange.
If I mirror a directory such as Test/Example and examine the zip under unix, everything goes where it should; except for the Descr.WD3 files which go into a lowercase mirror version, named descr.wd3. For example:
(I thought they would be in Test/Descr.WD3 and Test/Example/Descr.WD3).
Restoring from OE seems to put everything as it should be, so that might not be a very serious bug, but I''m trying to avoid the possibility of any strange problems happening in the future when I restore (or if I have to do something with the backups on unix).
When using the map tab in the interface, the directory names are all in lowercase. Is that by design?
Thanks for the great support and the bugfixes, it is appreciated.
|Oleg Chernavin||07/27/2009 08:41 am|
|OK. I fixed Descr.WD3 as well, although this should not influence anything. Regarding folders - yes, I tested this and they are really all lowercase. I do not remember now if I did this with some purpose. Perhaps, to make comparison of filenames easier and because it doesn''t matter on Windows. I will see if it will be hard to make paths keeping the case or not. Thank you!
|Tyler||09/01/2009 07:58 am|
|Bringing this back again, it seems this also exists with export. If I set the filenames format to "Keep as-is", I think that the case in file/folder names should be preserved.
|Oleg Chernavin||09/01/2009 08:38 am|
|Yes, it should be so. But it is also recommended to copy descr.wd3 files which contain last update date/time information.