Export project to Template?

Anders 03/12/2009 02:26 pm
Hi,

is it possible to export an existing project to a template? I want to use the same settings in som e more future projects so it would be really nice if it worked.

Regards Anders
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2009 02:53 pm
Yes, use Export - Project Settings - Copy. Then go to the Tools - Display Templates dialog, right-click inside the templates list and choose Paste.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Khan 03/12/2009 02:59 pm
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to export an existing project to a template? I want to use the same settings in som e more future projects so it would be really nice if it worked.
>
> Regards Anders

How about exporting the project to the disk and be able to re-import it at a later time?
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2009 03:16 pm
If you want to save only its settings in a text file, then use Export - Project Settings - Save to text file. If you want to make backup of the whole project with its settings and loaded files - Tools - Backup button.

Oleg.
Anders 03/12/2009 04:53 pm
> Yes, use Export - Project Settings - Copy. Then go to the Tools - Display Templates dialog, right-click inside the templates list and choose Paste.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Great! Will try it out this weekend. This saves me alot of time. :)

/ Anders
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2009 04:58 pm
OK. I also added Load and Copy buttons to the Display Templates dialog to make it more convenient. This will appear in the next version this month.

Oleg.