Document Not Found

k h 12/31/2008 05:04 pm
After downloadin a project which requires online connectivity.... I see this message to go online:

Document not found
This page is not accessible offline. Possible reasons: either it was an invalid link on the server or Project settings do not allow the page to be downloaded. In some cases, increasing Project Level setting should help.

Click here to go online:
http://www.project.com/abc.html*

Download the missing link now and add it to the selected Project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offline Explorer Pro 4.9 © 1997 - 2008, MetaProducts corp.

Is it possible to have Offline Explorer modify that link to go online and change the online URL slightly?

Ie:

It may go here instead: www.project.com/def.html

Oleg Chernavin 01/02/2009 05:42 am
I don''t know what is wrong there - I need to see this site myself. But please try this trick - select the Project, click AutoSave button on the Internal browser toolbar and then start browsing this project offline. Would this help?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
k h 01/02/2009 10:15 am
> I don''''t know what is wrong there - I need to see this site myself. But please try this trick - select the Project, click AutoSave button on the Internal browser toolbar and then start browsing this project offline. Would this help?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Nothing is wrong there - all of the content is database driven and its not possible in this case to download it. I was just wondering if there is a way to take the URL that the site gives me and modify it a tad so I can don''t have to change it manually myelf when I click on the link "Click here to go online".

Basically what is happening is it returns a URL that then needs to be modified so it can work. I am just trying to make my work a little bit easier.

Oleg Chernavin 01/02/2009 03:00 pm
I see. You may try to give me more details at support@metaproducts.com - I will see if something can be done.

Oleg.