Limit number of downloads for protocol or filetype

Chris 11/06/2008 07:16 pm
Hi,
it is possible to limit the number of downloads per project or the channels per server.

Is it also possible - or planned for future versions - to limit the downloads per protocol or per filetype (i.e. if there are 4 connections to download from a site that there are only max. 2 connections for downloading on mms-protocol and the other connections are downloading everything else)?

Chris
Oleg Chernavin 11/07/2008 09:04 am
We don''t have such plans. But why it could be useful? In most cases different protocols lead to different servers, so setting max 2 connections per server will affect protocols as well.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Chris 11/08/2008 02:04 am
Hi Oleg,

that''s right, but in my case the servers seems to be the same because the limitation of servers (ChannelsPerServer=2) doesn''t work (servername.com with html, jpg... and media.servername.com with mms-protocol/wav). Or is it not possible to have server limitation when I AutoSave the pages by browsing in the OEP internal browser?
I''d just like to reach, that I can AutoSave the pages that I want, but the videos on the pages that will be downloaded are blocking all my connections so that I have to wait until a minimum of one connection is free (download of video has ended) and I can go on with AutoSave browsing through the other pages.

Maybe you can give me a hint to make it work as I''d wish.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris 11/10/2008 03:59 am
I found a method now, how it works what''s ok for me.

But I''d like to ask you another question to the url substitutes (or another way it could work): if there is a file like picture_thumbnail.jpg on a server and I use the url substitutes to download it as picture.jpg (what''s also on the server) then only the picture.jpg will be downloaded and the link in the html-file is changed this way - that''s the function of the url substitutes and it''s ok. But additionally, is there a way in OEP that the picture_thumbnail.jpg AND picture.jpg will be downloaded when in a html-page the picture_thumbnail.jpg is found (i.e. html-file with image picture_thumbnail.jpg will be downloaded as it is and additionally an image picture.jpg will be downloaded (without linking to it, just to be downloaded in the download-directory))?
Oleg Chernavin 11/10/2008 06:08 am
Well, Substitutes can only change a URL. Not generate two links - original and new one. But what if you allow downloading without substitutes? Offline Explorer will find the thumbnail link and on the other page it will get the link to full-size image.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/10/2008 07:14 am
Yes, I understand. In this case, make two Projects with exact settings, but one will have Substitututes rule, another - will have no such rule. And make them download the same page.

For the other question - allow forms exploration and this should work.

Oleg.