Forum download

J Frank La Due 10/18/2008 11:24 am
With Explorer Pro version 5.1, having trouble downloading a forum site. Starting at the page:

http://akiras.net/solo/57744-tavia-spizer-solo.html

The page links to files located on a variety of servers in the imagevenue domain. The download never seems to get to the full sized images, just the thumbnails. Have tried all the various settings to no avail...

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 10/18/2008 12:26 pm
I would allow downloading from all servers, set Level to 1 and File Filters - Images - Download from any site in the Location field.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
J Frank La Due 10/18/2008 03:43 pm
I can give that a try. Question - why set Level 1? I thought that kept the software from going more than one hop away...or am I misunderstanding that?

Thanks,

Frank

> I would allow downloading from all servers, set Level to 1 and File Filters - Images - Download from any site in the Location field.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 10/18/2008 05:43 pm
You need at least 1 or more for the Level. 1 allows to download the starting page and all links on this page. Level=2 - to follow links on linked pages and so on.

Oleg.
J Frank La Due 10/18/2008 07:04 pm
Ah...for all these years I''ve not understood that properly...

Thanks.

Off the topic question if I may - In the forum I see references to collecting the properties of a project and posting them. How is that done?

> You need at least 1 or more for the Level. 1 allows to download the starting page and all links on this page. Level=2 - to follow links on linked pages and so on.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2008 05:49 am
This is easy. Select the Project and click the Copy button on toolbar. In 5.2 version please use Export - Project Settings button to access it.

You may paste the copied Project to a text file, E-mail or forum. To import it back, use Paste button in Offline Explorer (Import - Project Settings button in 5.2 version).

Oleg.