Problem with dyanamic urls generated by Javascript

Chander 09/23/2008 11:44 pm
Hi,

We tried to download the site : www.lordabbett.com but after downloading the complete site..we found that most of the links are broken. Lets take 2 examples right now.

1. On the home page, most of the links are working only if we click them from Level 0 ..ie home page.
So, if we navigate to tab ..''Mutual Fund'' and then try to browse the sub tabs ..they failed to load. But if we click back and then click in SubTab ..it shows up the page.

2. Consider the Drop down boxes in the home page itself. The urls in the ''Fund'' dropdown are generated dynamically from the javascript. What we got in the downloaded content...is the broken links... pointing to some relative paths that do not exists...

Pls try to download this site at your end and see if you can fix this. We need this very urgently.

Pls help

thanks

Chander

Chander 09/24/2008 02:04 am
I am using Trial Version of Offline Explorer Pro 5.1

~Chander
Oleg Chernavin 09/24/2008 05:44 am
I am really sorry, but this site uses scripts that change Web form and submit it. Such kind of linking is not yet supported.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Chander 10/07/2008 01:47 am
Hi,

Is there a way that you can build/develop the reqd functionality so that the complete site can be downloaded without any broken links.

If the Enterprise version supports this feature, we are ready to evaluate the same.

I had a talk with Sr. Level Management here, and they are ready to pay for the efforts and to get this functionality in the Offline Explorer.

So, If you feel you can build it, Please let us know and we can talk offline further.

thanks

~Chander

> I am really sorry, but this site uses scripts that change Web form and submit it. Such kind of linking is not yet supported.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2008 05:31 am
OK. Please write me at support@metaproducts.com and we will discuss this.

Oleg.
Chander 10/13/2008 12:12 am
Hi,

1.Is there any way we can index the downlaoded content ?
I can see a checkbox for "indexing" in the search option but I can''t understand how its indexing the content.

2. Does offline explorer index the contents while downloading itself or after the complete download ?

thanks

Chander
Oleg Chernavin 10/13/2008 02:54 am
If you allow indexing for a project, Offline Explorer adds all words from every downloaded page to its internal index for faster search (Find Contents button). Indexing happens after a page was downloaded and parsed. Not when the download completes.

In the Find Contents dialog you have a choice to use indexed search or the old Offline Explorer''s one. The old one is slow, but it can be helpful (for Web developers) when searching for some tags in HTML files or inside scripts and style files.

Oleg.
Chander 10/13/2008 04:03 am

"If you allow indexing for a project, Offline Explorer adds all..."

I can''t find any configuration setting where we can specify that we want to index this website.

Can you please let me know the exact command if its a configuration setting that we need to give manually.

thanks

Chander

Oleg Chernavin 10/13/2008 05:23 am
There is "Index downloaded files for faster search" box in the bottom-left corner of the Project Properties dialog.

Oleg.
Chander 10/13/2008 06:16 am
Thanks for reply.

While searching the content, the full text search inside pdf and doc is not thr.

Is this limitation of the tool or I am mission some configuration settings.

~Chander
Oleg Chernavin 10/13/2008 06:48 am
Sorry, we made only HTML files indexing so far.

Oleg.