No Firefox username/password pass through with FF Integration plugin

Jeff 09/09/2008 02:33 pm
I am on password protected page in Firefox (normal authentication with htpasswd/htaccess).
I want to download it with OE. So I installed the Integration Plugin 1.1.22 and clicked the according menu entry in the Firefox context menu.

However the login information is NOT passed through. It does NOT appear in Project Properties -> Passwords.
Can this be fixed please?
Oleg Chernavin 09/09/2008 03:07 pm
Sorry, plugins cannot get username/password information from FireFox because its security. You will have to enter them manually in Offline Explorer''s Project (Properties dialog).

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jeff 09/10/2008 12:15 pm
> Sorry, plugins cannot get username/password information from FireFox because its security. You will have to enter them manually in Offline Explorer''''s Project (Properties dialog).
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I understand... But there is also an extension named "Password Exporter" http://code.google.com/p/passwordexporter/ , which allows to export the usernames/pws in plain format. So it must be possible...

Also: How about improving the integration plugin and for example make it possible to access an export-list generated by above plugin? If a domain (and subfolder) matches, the extension grabs the login from there and uses it for OE...
I think it is possible :)
Oleg Chernavin 09/10/2008 12:27 pm
Yes, we will try to do this in future version.

Oleg.