Nice feature for a future version: two download times

Pablo 07/22/2008 08:28 am
Hello,

This is a suggestion of a new feature for a would-be version: to give projects, in the Schedule options, two scheduled times for download, instead of one. This is useful for many sites that update their content too frequently.

This would be better than the "Download every" feature, because you could easyly set two fixed times to download during the day. If you use "Download every" set to 12 hours... you don?t know the precise time of the two downloads...

Thank you,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/22/2008 12:59 pm
I see. Yes, we have plans to improve the scheduler and maybe add multiple times for each project.

Meanwhile, you can create a copy of the Project by clicking the Copy button and then Paste button. Schedule each of them differently and they will load what you need together.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Sebastian 12/18/2012 05:46 am
Hi there,

about 4 years later I have the same problem/wish as the user above. It would be nice, if there was a possibility to schedule downloads freely. What I am looking for is a feature that allows 4 downloads a day but in an irregular intervall (8am, noon, 15pm, 20pm). Is there a possibility to do this within the same project?

regards
sebastian
Oleg Chernavin 12/18/2012 05:49 am
This task is not frequently asked for. This is why we haven't implemented it yet.

However it is not hard to do this kind of scheduling. Please open the Windows Control Panel - Administration section. Use the Schedule Manager to add a new simple task.

On the last step specify the command line:

OE.exe "Folder/0" /Exit

Folder - the folder name that contains the project to download. 0 - number of the project in this folder, starting from 0. Second Project is 1 and so on.

Oleg.